I always wondered how to make delicious not just plain dougnuts. I like something that’s new and different…I’m glad I got this recipe from Del Monte. Maybe you can try this, too.
- 1 can (439 g) DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail, well drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tbsp fruit cocktail syrup
- 1-1/2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup fresh milk
- 1 pc egg
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp iodized fine salt
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- confectioners' sugar
- Combine DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail with cornstarch and sugar. Mix well. Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes or until dry. Cool. Set aside.
- Mix half of flour with remaining ingredients (except oil and confectioners' sugar). Beat at low speed until smooth, constantly scraping bowl. Stir in the remaining flour. Don't rush, chill for 1 hour.
- On the floured surface roll dough to form a log (adding more flour if needed). Divide into 25 grams dough (approximately 2½ tbsp). Flatten each into ⅛ cm thick. Spread ¾ tbsp filling on one end. Roll, then brush edges with filling. Gather both ends and press to close. Set aside.
- Heat oil in 275 degrees F. Deep-fry doughnuts until light brown on one side then turn to brown the other side (for crustier doughnuts, fry to golden brown). Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. If desired, drizzle with chocolate syrup.