Lechon paksiw is usually cooked a day or two after a big feast. It’s a pork recipe and the main ingredient is the head of a roasted suckling pig (lechon) or what was left of it. It’s usually the meaty part of the lechon, plus its skin that isn’t crispy anymore.
But you can cook lechon paksiw anytime — not only after a fiesta. Just buy cooked lechon downtown if you want to cook this dish. This lechon paksiw recipe is easy to cook. And once you’ve tasted it, you’ll definitely want another serving.
- 1 kilo cooked lechon
- 1 cup ready-mixed sauce (Mang Tomas Lechon Sauce) or 1 can liver spread
- 1 cup vinegar
- ½ cup brown sugar (pack)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp whole peppercorn
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon vetsin
- 2-3 pieces laurel leaves
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup dried oregano (optional)
- Chop lechon into small serving pieces.
- Put in pan and add all the ingredients.
- Boil. Lower heat and simmer until lechon skin becomes very soft and sauce thickens.