Here’s a variant of the pork adobo recipe, probably the most popular Filipino dish. This adobo recipe is usually used in the Laguna area.
Pork Adobo (Laguna Version)
- ½ kilo pork, cut into cubes
- 1½ tablespoons of garlic, minced
- 1½ tablespoons of onion, chopped
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- 1 cup water
- Whole black pepper
- Cooking oil
- Sauté garlic and onion in oil.
- Add pork and stir for 5 minutes, then add soy sauce, vinegar and pepper.
- Sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Turn down the heat and add water.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until the pork is cooked.