Are you looking for a great crab recipe? Try this scrumptious crab in black bean sauce recipe!
Crab in Black Bean Sauce
- 1 pc large fresh crab
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 2 tbsps cornstarch
- 1 pc egg white
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 pc green pepper
- ½ knob fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp salted black beans
- 1 tbsp chinese wine
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Steam crab over rapidly boiling water for 15 minutes, then remove the top shell and separate the claws from the body.
- Crush the claws and cut the body of the crab into serving size pieces, whisk egg white with half the cornstarch and pour over the crab.
- Season with salt and pepper. Set aside 20 minutes.
- Mash the black beans with 2 tbsps oil.
- Heat the remaining oil in a work until very hot, deep fry the crab for 2 minutes.
- Add the green pepper and onion and cook further. Add ginger, garlic and black beans.
- Stir fry for a minute.
- Add the soy sauce, sesame oil and sugar.
- Mix the remaining cornstarch with 1 tbsp water and stir into a sauce to thicken.
- Transfer to serving dish.