Mongo beans are rich in minerals like calcium, iron and potassium. With very low fat content, mongo beans is good foir reducing weight. Here’s a delicious mongo beans recipe to try.
Monggo Car-Car Style
- 1¼ cup yellow or green monggo (mung bean)
- ¼ cup dried squid, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 tbsp pork
- 1 cup chicharon, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsps oil
- 1 tbsp fish sauce. salt and pepper
- For monggo, soak beans for 2 to 4 hours in water. Boil in water until beans are tender. Strain and set aside.
- For the dried squid, soak the dried squid for 6 to 8 hours.
- Saute garlic and onion in oil. Add squid and pork.
- Pour in the monggo and chicken stock.
- Season with fish sauce to taste.
- Serve with chicharon on top.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.