<![CDATA[Sauteed radish (or kilawin labanos in Filipino) is one of my favorite Philippine vegetable dishes. Its tinge of sourness reminds me of sinigang, without all the soup.
- 1 cup radish, cut into thin coins
- ¼ cup pig liver, sliced
- ¼ cup pork, sliced
- ¼ cup pig heart, sliced
- ¼ cup pork spleen, sliced (lapay)
- 1 tbsp onion, sliced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tbsps corn oil
- 1½ tbsps yellow ginger (powder or freshly grated)
- 2 tbsps vinegar
- 2½ tsps fish sauce
- 1 pc laurel leaf
- 2 tbsps tomato sliced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- pinch cracked black pepper
- Saute garlic, onion in oil for few seconds.
- Add pork, heart, spleen and liver one at a time.
- Add the tomato. Pour in the vinegar. Do not stir until it boils.
- Add the fish sauce and the yellow ginger.
- Season with salt, pepper and cracked black pepper to taste.
- Simmer to cook.