Filipino dishes are truly delicious and typically nutritious. Amazing, too how resourceful and creative Filipinos can be with their choice of ingredients for any recipe. There’s always something new that’s cooking up in every Filipino kitchen, like this squash blossoms in coconut milk recipe.
If you are a vegetarian, you should definitely try this one and let us know if you liked it!
- 1 cup squash blossoms (bulaklak ng kalabasa)
- ½ cup chicken meat, sliced
- ½ cup shrimp, sliced
- 1 tsp egg white
- 1 cup fresh coconut milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (patis)
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- ¼ cup onion, sliced
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp white ginger, sliced
- 3 pcs finger chilies
- Chop shrimp and chicken together. Add salt, pepper and egg whites. Mix well to blend. Stuff in squash blossoms.
- Saute garlic, onion and white ginger in oil until golden brown.
- Add coconut milk and season with fish sauce and ground ginger.
- Add stuffed squash blossoms and simmer to cook.
- Add finger chillies and simmer again.