Here’s the recipe for that melt-in-your-mouth muffins. You’ve got to try it one weekend, then tell me what you think!
- 2¾ cups Muffin Pre-Mix
- 1 egg -- beaten
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup butter or margarine -melted or
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Put Muffin Mix in a medium bowl. In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine egg, milk and butter.
- Add all at once to Muffin Mix. Stir until mix is just moistened; batter should be lumpy.
- Fill prepared muffin pan ¾ full. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place pan on wire rack for 5 minutes; remove muffins from pan and serve immediately, or place on wire rack to cool. These muffins freeze well.
- Makes 12 muffins.
To make these muffins attractive to the kids you can decorate them with choco chips, ground peanuts, crispy rice, tiny M&M or Nips sprinkled over colored or white frosting.