<![CDATA[Here’s our very own peanut sauce recipe for fresh lumpia. I especially love it with garlicky peanut dipping over the crepe.
Peanut Sauce for Fresh Lumpia
- 10 cloves garlic
- ½ cup roasted pecans (peanuts if you prefer), roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ cup brown sugar (maybe white would be better) + 1 tbsp white sugar
- ½ cup soy sauce (maybe light would be better)
- 1-1/2 cups water
- salt, if needed
- 4 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in ⅓ cup cold water
- 1 clove garlic, minced (to be added after cooking the sauce)
- 1 cup chopped roasted pecan nuts for topping
- Mix the sugar, soy sauce, and water.
- Saute the garlic in peanut oil until golden brown then add the chopped nuts and stir to cook for about 30 seconds.
- Pour the mixture and stir, add 1 tbsp white sugar, and salt as necessary.
- Thicken by pouring the cornstarch-water mixture in a slow stream while stirring, stopping when the desired consistency is achieved.
- Put the fillings in the middle part of the lumpia crepe or wrapper.
- Place a layer of fresh greens at the bottom (lettuce is recommended), then the filling.
- Add some sauce before you fold the sides over the filling.
- Spoon the sauce over the fresh lumpia, then top with chopped nuts.