Filipino palate is compatible with Oriental dishes. Try Oriental Rice Chicken Salad.
Oriental Rice Chicken Salad
- ¼ kg chicken breast deboned
- 1 can (439 g) DEL MONTE Fresh Cut Pineapple Tidbits,drained (reserve syrup)
- 1 pc medium red apple, diced and soaked in ¼ cup pineapple syrup
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced diagonally
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts or cashew nuts, coarsely chopped
- 50 g singkamas, diced
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp iodized fine salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp curry powder (optional)
- Simmer chicken in remaining pineapple syrup with ¼ tsp iodized fine salt (or ¼ tbsp iodized rock salt) for 7 minutes. Drain and dice chicken.Set aside.
- Drain apple.
- Combine with remaining ingredients.
- Mix well then chill.