Kids always want to lick some peanut butter from the spoon. But when you open the peanut butter bottle, you’d see the peanut oil on top; how much calories do you think is in it? Anyway, I’d like peanut butter minus the oil, so I looked for a peanut butter recipe that my children will really like.
- 1 cup roasted, shelled peanuts
- 1½ teaspoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- a dash of salt (omit if using salted peanuts)
- Place ingredients in a blender. With the lid secured, blend until mixture becomes pastelike or spreadable (3 to 4 minutes).
- If necessary, stop the machine and use a rubber spatula to scrape mixture from the sides of the container back into contact with the blade.
- Continue blending until desired consistency is reached.
- Stir in ¼ cup chopped roasted peanuts after the blending is complete.